- This event has passed.
Business Development Manager
Deadline: November 26, 2017Salary - OTE of up to £60,000 including basic per annum depending on experience £25,000 - £30,000
If you have experience of selling face-to-face and on the phone to high profile customers and are motivated by hitting and exceeding targets that demand your skills and expertise in cross-selling and up-selling, you could be perfectly placed in our Commercial team. Selling to and consulting with companies such as IBM, Rolls-Royce, NHS, Get Into Teaching, J.P. Morgan and PwC, we’re looking for an engaging and resolute individual to compliment our current sales unit. If this sounds like you, read on…
What are we looking for?
We are looking for a talented and hard-working Business Development Manager, who will be selling our wide variety of products and services, aimed at 16-24 year-olds, to a range of clients from SMEs to large corporates. You will be one of three Business Development Managers in a Commercial team of seven, alongside two Business Development Executive, two Client Partners and the Commercial Director. Find out more about what our products do here.
What will your role include?
Our style is based on a consultative approach to prospecting and generating new business from a range of products, through outbound activity as well as account managing clients; up and cross-selling our portfolio of products to grow these into mature accounts. You’ll be a vital part of the Commercial team, helping to achieve the annual target by generating sales which contribute to 10-15% of the company revenue. You’ll get to travel to meet and collaborate with clients throughout the UK.
What will you be responsible for?
- Prospecting and generating new business
- Managing and building relations with existing accounts and managing key accounts
- Growing each account through up-selling, top-ups and cross-selling
- Gaining customer commitment and ensuring successful onboarding
- Account management of key accounts
- Generating revenue from key accounts contributing to 5-10% of the company revenue
- Working with the Delivery team; facilitating communications including meetings, pitching, reviews and recommendations.
The above are some highlights so feel free to click here to download the attached job description for more information.
What experience and skills will you be able to offer us?
We need you to have:
- Understanding of advertising and media and working for a young, growing company
- Minimum 18 months experience selling face-to-face and on the phone
- Success in prospecting, engaging with and selling to new business prospects
- Success in managing existing accounts to continued growth
- Proven success in hitting and exceeding demanding targets
- Proven success in cross-selling and up-selling across a varied product range
- Strong understanding of the English language (both spoken and written) and able to communicate effectively
- Able to work alone, as part of a small team, or part of the wider RMP Enterprise team
- Sociable, confident, enthusiastic, motivated, passionate and have a good sense of fun
- Proven ability to manage time and territory effectively
It’d be great if you also have:
- Experience within a Media, Events or Tech environment
- Experience and knowledge of the graduate recruitment/recruitment/HR market
- Educated to degree level or equivalent level of experience.
Click here to see what perks and benefits we offer.
How do you apply?
Please click the button below to complete the form and attach your CV by 11:00pm on Sunday 26 November 2017. We will be in touch and if successful you will be invited to a telephone interview in the first instance. We aim for our recruitment process to take between 2-4 weeks following the application deadline. Ideally, the successful candidate will be able to start as soon as possible.